Dental implants are a permanent smile solution. Placing the implants is a two-part process to that ensures stability and durability of the piece. After thoroughly examining your oral health, our dentist will determine if your jawbone is strong enough to hold an implant. The implant itself involves a titanium post that is gently placed into your jaw by our doctor to act as an artificial root. Once this fuses to your bone, creating a secure foundation, a color-matched crown will be placed on top for a natural restoration.
Candidacy for Dental Implants
Dental implants are a widely popular, but there are a few stipulations that determine whether or not you’re a candidate for them. Sometime supplemental treatments are necessary before implantation. Factors that determine if dental implants are best include:
- Proper jawbone support
- Healthy gum tissue
- Sinus and nerve location
- Good overall health
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an effective smile solution, and can leave you feeling more confident in your smile. Some of the many benefits of dental implants include:
- Natural-looking restoration: One of the greatest perks of dental implants is their natural finish. Implants are crafted to match your natural tooth color.
- Improved function: Missing teeth can cause issues with speech and eating. Dental implants can restore proper function.
- Greater comfort: Dental implants eliminate slipping and discomfort that arise with dentures.
- Durability & longevity: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, where dentures require replacement every 5 to 7 years.
- Healthy bone structure: Tooth loss can lead to the deterioration of the jawbone. Dental implants protect your jaw structure and the landscape of your teeth.
If you’re missing teeth, smile restoration should be taken seriously. If dental implants are an option of interest, our dentists at Family & Implant Dentistry of Stuart can evaluate your situation and determine the best plan of action. So, contact us today to schedule your initial consultation!